Thursday, March 11, 2010

Resolution #3... Check!


This New Year's I made a resolution to learn two new skills/hobbies.  Thanks to Rita's help (Nate's mom) I was able to learn to crochet the edges of receiving blankets and burp cloths.  So far I've only finished a burp cloth, but I've definitely got it down and am looking forward to finishing 1 more burp cloth and 2 blankets (a boy and a girl set.)

Since the move the photography business has been a little slow... or shall I say non-existent, so I decided that I needed to learn some new skills to occupy my time.  (Some time this year I'm thinking of taking on cake decorating for fun.)  After talking with my sister Jaycie I decided that for now I would learn to make floral headbands.  Over the last few days I've been cutting fabric for flowers.  So far I've only assembled 2 different types... there are many more I'd like to try out.  I also found an adorable pattern for a purse, so I'm planning on learning to sew some of those, too.

This is what I've got so far:

Organza flowers... you can also do them in satin, but I didn't know that until I got home from the fabric store.  Can't wait to buy some satin.  (No headbands yet... I couldn't find any at the craft stores.  I'm thinking I'll have to order them online.)


A close up of my favorite.


The necklace I made today paired with a flower I made today.



And finally a 24 weeks along picture.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Brittney you look great and you are such a talented lady!

Chad and Jaycie said...

I hope you didn't feel the need to include my name in there..... But they turned out awesome!!! You have to teach me!!! Awesome necklace too!

Rita said...

They are beautiful! I have a bit of satin on hand that you can try when you come to visit! Can't wait!

Brittney said...

you can make headbands out of kids tights. maddy had such a big head that i got them from wal mart and glued the bow's onto them.

Jarom and Melissa said...

Fun hobbies. Good for you for learning something new. The baby blankets and burp cloths will sure come in handy. Cute pregnancy shot.