Monday, December 14, 2009

Our Little Nate Jr.




(Complete with 2 arms and 2 legs.)


Surprise!  Nate and I just made it back from our first appointment and as it turns out it isn't all in my head... there is a baby in there.  Funny how it takes actually seeing the little booger on a screen before I was 100% convinced (you'd think the 3 pregnancy tests and 2 missed periods would confirm that.)  As we were waiting for the ultrasound equipment I asked Nate, "What if there isn't a baby in there?  That would be so embarrassing."  But I'm officially not crazy.  The nausea, "filling out", weird cravings, light-headedness, heartburn, heightened sense of smell, and frequent urination are legit.  (Although thankfully the "nausea" part is long over.)


We're now looking forward to the 5th of July.  I'm 11 weeks along and the little kiddo is the size of a fig.  (Next week's "lime-sized" was more appealing, but I couldn't wait that long and I didn't want to lie.)  We're really excited... and occasionally nervous.  Especially Nate, who after the initial excitement wore off walked around like a zombie for a week, with money stress written all over his face.  (Which has thankfully been relieved greatly thanks to some hand-me-down baby gear that won't have to be purchased... now all that remains is an excited father-to-be.  And can I just say that he is adorable about it?  He asked me if he could take one of the ultrasound pictures to hang in his cubicle.  I love it!)


So far I can't help thinking it's a boy (a mini Nate is what I always picture.)  I will be COMPLETELY shocked (although not at all disappointed) if I'm wrong.  I won't know until July though because we've decided we want it to be a surprise.


And finally the classic baby bump picture...


Weird... I had to do some scrounging to find a shirt that would "show."  Apparently most of my shirts flare away at the belly... so hopefully I can wear most of them as maternity clothes for a little while.  Nothing too extreme... but there is definitely an emerging baby bump there.  The jeans are definitely a lot more snug... 

10 comments:

Jarred and Rachelle said...

CONGRATS!! I am so excited for you both!! You guys are going to be amazing parents...and I can't wait to see little Nate Jr. (or Brittany Jr.). Tell Nate congrats for me;)

Jaime said...

Congrats to you guys. I was wondering if this was the case when I read your previous post about craving mashed potatoes. Very happy for you. July can't get here fast enough.

The Singer Family said...

Oh I love it! That is the best--I love the little bean with limbs pictures!!!!
I also love that your nausea is 'long gone' at 11 weeks--you are one lucky momma to be. I'll try and call this week!

Rita said...

We love the picture!!! (Actually, both pictures--the baby bump and the ultrasound. Clem says the baby is smiling!

Mike and Lisa said...

Congratulations!! Yeah, those "flared" type shirts lasted me until I was about 6 or 7 months pregnant, so you should be good for awhile! However by 9 months even maternity shirts didn't fit me anymore. Its crazy how much you grow all at the end. Anyways, I'm so excited for you!

Chad and Jaycie said...

I would love it if my stomach looked like that!

Elise and Rich said...

You already know how ECSTATIC I am for you, I have only been annoying you for what, like 3 years now? I can't believe you are making me wait to know the sex though, you both will be so dang excited, ahhh...I have been long waiting for this day!!CONGRATS!!

Unknown said...

He/She looks adorable even in black and white and a little blurry. We're so excited for you guys!

Sharae said...

I am SO very excited for you guys! Just this last sunday Ryan and I were saying how good you guys would be as parents!!!!! It is such an amazing experience! Enjoy every minute of this! (especially now that the sickness is over!) Congrats!

Chad and Jaycie said...

Oh I also have to say that that's the CUTEST picture! It's so perfect! (You couldn't have taken it better) And hooray for you guys not finding out what it is. If you just decide now than it's easy to not want to know!