Sunday, December 6, 2009

Deck the Halls



One of my favorite parts of Christmas is the decorating and while we don't exactly have a whole lot of decorations yet (we are still living in an apartment) Nate and I got out our Christmas boxes this Friday and got to work.  We literally spent the whole evening Christmasing up our place while listening to Nat King Cole's Christmas album.  There is something about putting up the twinkle lights, decorating the tree, and hanging the mistletoe that officially puts me in the the Christmas spirit.


In our 5 Christmases as a family we've only bought one Christmas tree.  Not only is our apartment super tiny, but we just can't justify spending $30 on a tree when we're gone half the month anyway.  So this year I got the genius idea to decorate our ficus tree.  The branches are a little weak, so we had to be extra careful about only using light ornaments... and then I remembered some cute fabric I had bought recently.  We ripped the fabric into strips and then tied them into cute little bows.  Nate calls the tree "our Charlie Brown tree."  I think it's pretty cute and it definitely helped our place feel a whole lot more Christmasy.




Nate's parents surprised us this summer with a nativity set that they had found at an after Christmas sale.  We were so excited to put it up and each took turns adjusting this wisemen and that shepherd to better face the baby Jesus.  Again, it's amazing how something so small can make such a big deference.  I love it!

There's still a few more strands of twinkle lights to be hung, but overall I am loving our apartment right now.  Is there anything better than snuggling on the couch with your hubby sipping hot chocolate in the glow of Christmas lights?  I didn't think so...






Nate and I having some fun taking pictures of our deciduous Christmas tree.

1 comment:

Chad and Jaycie said...

AWWWW, I totally love your tree. It's perfect!