Saturday, June 20, 2009

Lessons Learned

I just got back from shooting my very first civil wedding (written on Saturday, posted today) and it was quite the learning experience.  

Lessons Learned:

1) Regardless of how awkward it feels being in everyone's way... definitely get up close during the ceremony.

2) Regardless of how horrible you feel with your allergies DON'T you dare take Benadryl!

3) Definitely wear a dress with pockets... sorry, Nate, but I guess I have to go shopping.

4) Just deleted this one... still a good lesson learned, but not for everyone to read...

I have another wedding this upcoming Saturday and I can't wait to put these lessons learned to good use!
Some beautiful cupcakes.




I loved that they had a marimba band. 

T he groom and his father. 
The bride and hers.
The ceremony.

The best man.

Pronounced as Mr. and Mrs.
I love this action shot.  They both look so happy.
The bride's daughter and the best man.
One of my favorite teachers EVER, Kerry Loewen, greeting the bride and groom.
In addition to the marimba band, a close friend of theirs played the guitar before the ceremony began.

Yummy lemonade.
This guy was my favorite and he makes a mean shish-kabob.
The bride's parents... the father of the bride was so funny.


These two little girls were sisters and LOVED having their pictures taken.  After every picture they'd ask, "Can I see?"  It must be hard to be a film photographer now-a-days when children ask to see... I would hate to disappoint.  Later after everything died down and most everyone had left they came over and wanted to take my picture and after every shot they were sweet enough to show me how it turned out.  Too cute.

This place was beautiful.  It had rained the few days before and so the plants were so lush.  It was gorgeous.
The bride and groom shots.




2 comments:

The Singer Family said...

Good job. I was thinking of calling you today to see how the wedding went but got distracted from having an extra kid at our house today. Fun to read about it though talking would have been more fun! :)

Chad and Jaycie said...

Oh my goodness Britt! I would have never guessed that this was a difficult one for you.....the pics turned out awesome! You should be proud!