Wednesday, June 3, 2009

I want a little Nathan Jr.

A few days ago Nate and I babysat a friend's youngest of two, and all I can say is we had a blast! He was such a sweetheart and would do anything we asked of him after telling us in a really adorable voice, "No."  I think he just wanted to feel like he was in charge, even while being so submissive.

So first we went to the park and it was so cute to see Nate with him.  Liam just adores Nate.  (My favorite Liam story was when they were over at our house one day and the two boys were playing our Gamecube... well, Liam thought he was playing, and he reached up and rubbed Nate's sideburns and asked, "Why you got hair there?"  Which is even funnier because usually you can only understand about a fifth of what he says.  Our conversations usually go something like this.  B: "Liam, that's a cool shirt you have on!"  L: words I can't understand... B: "Oh, cool!"  L: more mumbling I can't understand... B: "Really!?!"  L: still not understanding... "Spiderman..." more mumbling  B: getting all excited because I understood something!  Spiderman... I got that.) 

Anyway we just had so much fun with him that I couldn't help but think how much fun it would be to have a little one around.  We'll keep you posted.  


Gotta love the silly faces.
My turn.





4 comments:

Elise and Rich said...

So do you want to come watch my dimple darlings? Yeah, and you can feel free to snap some AMAZING pictures of them if you want too! Britt, you are awesome, and I want you to take some candid photos of my boys, call me!!

The Singer Family said...

funny that he sort of looks like a little Nate Jr. if you ask me. Do you secretly have a 2 year old we don't know about?! :)

Chad and Jaycie said...

Oh, he is so cute.....Nate that is! No Liam is awefully cute too. You guys would make perfect parents. BTW, your hair has grown a ton in the last month or so.

Jaime said...

Love the pictures. I agree with one of the other commenters, Liam does look like Nate. How funny. Cute pictures, and have fun working on that baby that you want.