Friday, October 30, 2009

Willis Campout 2009

So every summer my family gets together for a family campout.  Since Nate and I have been married they've been rough.  The first summer was the year of the bees.  We spent the whole time in a screen tent playing games... they were really that bad.  Pretty sure that we all got stung at least once.  That same year we also saw a rattlesnake and fresh bear poop in our camp.

Then there was summer number 2.  Nate came down with something right before we left, but we decided to go anyway.  Not only did our campsite (plus our tent) flood, but Nate became so ill (we're talking sweating through a sweatshirt AND sleeping bag) that we decided to head back after the first night.  Good thing, too, because Nate had a really serious bacterial infection.

That brings us to this summer.  By far the best.  We did run into some illness.  I'm not sure anyone was immune to it.  I was feeling pretty good while camping, but it hit me pretty hard the next day.  And it also rained pretty hard one day.  Overall I think it was a success and we had a blast.  I'll let the pictures speak for themselves.  (I love the ones of the boys catching the football.  Jaycie's kids have the best looks on their face.)


2 comments:

The Singer Family said...

Looks like a fun trip, and I will admit to being a tad jealous. We need a Singer reunion BAD!

Chad and Jaycie said...

Too bad their mom was too sick to care to comb their hair! Poor kids! ;)