Tuesday, September 16, 2008

"Cutting" Back

For those of you who don't know, my husband is very... frugal, yes frugal.  And with the prices of everything going up, from gas to rent to laundry, Nate is always asking if there are areas we can cut back.  Seemingly, this always affects me.  I am definitely the spender in this relationship.  I can admit that, but I have also cut back everywhere I can.
Well a few months ago I came up with a great plan to save even more money: I would cut Nate's hair.  Of course, whenever I brought this up, Nate would quickly change the subject.  After a lot of prodding I finally convinced him to buy some clippers.  
So last night, as our Family Home Evening activity, I gave him his 2nd haircut free of charge.   (Although I did try to convince him that I should be allowed to spend half of what we save each time, as a tip for my good work, but he didn't buy it.)  

Brittney Singer: Hairstylist

So normally when he gets his hair cut, he comes home, showers off and styles his hair, but when I cut it he stands in front of the mirror for 10 minutes examining it and pointing out areas that could be better.  It cracks me up.  I know that I am not a beautician, but my haircuts look so much better than when he has them done professionally.  
Finally after the lengthy examination he'll admit that I did a pretty good job... something that I already knew.

Nate's new haircut.  Looks good, huh?

6 comments:

Brittney said...

Dang Nate ;) The wife always cuts the husbands hair better. I've cut Holger's hair since we got married :)
Awesome job.

Rita said...

Nate looks so awesome. He is soooo lucky to be so good looking, have such a gorgeous wife who is frugal and talented!!!!

Jarred and Rachelle said...

Brittney you are so cute I love reading your blog!! I miss you guys....Rachelle

Unknown said...

I commend you on your desire to want to cut Nate's hair. Phil MAKES me cut his hair. I keep trying to get him to go somewhere to get it cut, but he's WAY too cheap to go. Frugality manifests itself differently in these Singer boys it seems!

The Singer Family said...

Nice work Brittney. You should feel proud--it looks awesome (and FYI---Matt does the hair examining in the mirror too. it's not for as long now though, thank goodness)

Tell him that you need to put half of that $$ saved in the 'come visit your east coast family' fund.

The Mechams said...

I was blog stocking, sorry. Way cute blog, we really miss you guys. We are so happy to see how you guys are doing! You two are still the craziest ever!