Monday, September 8, 2008

Uphill Both Ways.

Brittney's Pic of the Reflection in a Lake.
So we finally decided to go ahead and start a blog.  I'm always the last person in the world to do things like this (IMing-- anyone remember that?, Facebook, etc.).  I still don't text.  I'm always about 3 years behind.   We'll see how we do.  We both start school in a few weeks and things might get a little crazy.  We'll post when we can!

So just this last weekend Nate and I decided to go hiking.  We're trying to enjoy our last few weeks of summer before the long La Grande winter starts... the winter that never ends.   I had all intentions of getting up and leaving by 8 in the morning, but I have a husband who LOVES sleeping in.  Now that he's a big boy with a big boy job he's always complaining about having to get up early all week.  (Sometimes after we say our prayers in the morning he looks at me with such contempt that I get to go back to sleep.)  The weekends are his one chance to sleep in and so we didn't actually leave until noon.  

We drove up to Anthony Lakes, which is a beautiful 40 minute drive.  And we decided to hike the 8.6 mile loop.  It was such a gorgeous hike (we counted eight lakes!) and I took so many pictures.  Nate's getting really good with the camera, too.  Sometimes I'll turn on my camera to find pictures that I wish I had taken.

Nate's pic of grass.
The view from what we thought was the top was seriously breathtaking.  And I was looking forward to the last four miles thinking that they'd be down hill.  Okay, so I love hiking, don't get me wrong.  I love the sense of accomplishment, the view, the being out in nature, the exploring, but the second half of the hike is so much more enjoyable don't you think?  So I was a little disappointed to find that most of the second half of the hike was uphill, too.  In fact, about all but a mile and a half was uphill.  The only thing that kept me going was the thought of the peanut butter and jelly sandwiches waiting for us in the car.
So what did we do when we got back to town?  Got ice cream at Baskin Robbins, of course.  I guess it all evened out!



2 comments:

Whodathunked! said...

Yeah!! You have a blog now...I'm not the only one in the family anymore. Okay, so not that I have even had mine for that long. :) Looks good! luv ya.
-Carey

Unknown said...

I'm so excited you guys have a blog!! All we need to do now is get Matt and Cara on board.