Sunday, June 13, 2010

Work hard... play hard.

So after weeks of hard work we finally finished sanding, priming and painting our crib and changing table set.  Unfortunately, we forgot to take a before picture (maybe Jaycie has one to share?)  So you'll just have to imagine that it was covered with a light stain.  That was before and here is now:
I'm really happy with how it turned out.  It was a lot of work and I definitely wouldn't do it over, but I do really love it.  I'm especially crazy for the green knobs that we added.  You'll have to imagine a cute little name hanging above the crib that I'll be making... uh... I'd like to say as soon as I get home from the hospital, but it'll probably be more like a month or so later.


And the rest of the room... wish I could've painted the walls.  
Now that we're almost there as far as being ready for the baby goes (we do have a few more little things to pick up) we decided that we'd better use this weekend to get away one last time before the baby gets here.  So... we hit up the coast.  And the weather was beautiful, finally.  Otherwise we would've probably gone sooner.
And finally, a 37 weeks along picture.  So ready to have this baby before I get any bigger.

5 comments:

Chad and Jaycie said...

Oh Brit I LOVE the crib!!! Good job, it turned out beautiful! You look good too girl!

Jaime said...

Love the crib & changer, looks fabulous. His/Her room is beautiful & welcoming. I love the colors you chose to use. You look fabulous by the way. Man, I still can't believe you didn't find out the gender. :)

Amy J said...

Getting SO excited for you!!! It looks great and everytime you look at that bed, you will feel a great sense of accomplishment. lol

Jarom and Melissa said...

Looks great! I love the crib and the decorations. I'm so impressed that you did it yourself. Not too much further to go. Hang in there.

Mike and Lisa said...

Nursery is adorable! You are so creative! And good work on painting it yourselves!