Sunday, April 25, 2010

3/4 of the way there!

The third trimester so far has been better than expected.  I've actually been feeling really good lately and have been wishing that things could stay just like this for awhile.  A month ago I was so ready to have this kid (the nausea had temporarily come back and I was having really horrible back pain), but now that things are good I'm not so much looking forward to labor.... the baby, yes... labor, not so much.  I guess that's the reason the third trimester gets so uncomfortable so we're willing to do whatever it takes to end the suffering.  At the moment I'm happy.

The baby has been kicking like crazy.  At the last doctors appointment they gave me a "kick count worksheet."  What a waste of time... considering this kid kicks me all day long.  We have a very active child.  And while I love it most of the time (with the exception of when I'm trying to sleep) I'm a little worried that this kid will never settle down.  Definitely the makings of a soccer player... (or runner, as Nate just pointed out.)

A 30 weeks picture.

The big belly.

"Holy crap."

I've been keeping myself busy lately working on little projects for the nursery.  I've been sanding our nursery furniture getting it ready for paint.  And yes, we did decide on a nursery theme.  Despite the overwhelming votes for the bird theme, I just couldn't get my mind off the fish one, plus it saved me about $80 to go with it.  So I did and when I finally got it in the mail I fell even more in love with it.  (I know, I know.... I ask for your opinion and then I totally disregard it...)  I've been busy painting baby decor to match.

(The lamp base will soon be primed and painted white.)

The fun tryptch I totally copied.

Frames.

The lamp and clock.

And finally Nate and I spent the weekend doing some planting.  We are definitely missing the 10x10 ft. space we used to have to plant in, but thought we would try our hand at a planter garden.  We'll see how it works out and are hoping to have some zucchini, tomatoes, peppers, and herbs here in a few months or so.
The adorable hubby.

9 comments:

Chad and Jaycie said...

Brittney you are so cute and I LOVE the decor!!!! You kinda make me sick! Love the planter idea, you'll have to let me know how it turns out.

Brittney said...

welp that's what usually happens with voting. you end up choosing the opposite of what's voted for.

we are moving the second weekend in july and we are getting excited. the campus is HUGE and beautiful. all the buildings are brick.

we miss you guys! if you are coming for graduation we must have dinner.

Rita said...

Whew! A new blog entry so I don't have to comment on Nate's Simpson's laugh. Believe me, he was trained to have better taste in entertainment!!!

Absolutely love the nursery things! Love the one fish...two fish...you've done Dr Seuss proud. And the garden: we'll be up for veggies soon!

Jaime said...

You are a beautiful pregnant woman! love your cute, fun outfits too. You are so creative, and I just love that you made all that stuff for your baby. The pictures are awesome! I made lots of stuff for Trumans room too, and it makes me feel a little bit proud that I contributed.

Carolyn said...

I voted for the fish theme! I'm glad you went with it. I love it!

Jarom and Melissa said...

I love the decorations. You're so talented (even if you did copy it). They'll do great in your nursery. Hang in there for the next couple of weeks. You're almost there! Yay!

Amy J said...

I can't believe how great all your stuff turned out! You are such a pro. I would NEVER have known you made them yourself if you hadn't have told us. And don't you just have the cutest little belly! LOL

Joy Hanson said...

Brittney you look like I did at 3 months! I'm sure you'll bounce right back to a size 2 after baby is born.
YOU ARE SO TALENTED!!!! Who knew that fish would be so cute! Looks like you're having fun preparing and anticipating and that's all part of the fun.
I hope you get lots of zucchini.
Joy

The Mechams said...

You look amazing, you are going to make one hot momma!!!