Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Catching up.


So Nate and I are officially all moved to Salem.  It has been a crazy last few weeks and I'm finally starting to feel settled.  (Nate and I had considered looking to buy in the next few months, but I assured him that pregnant Brittney does not want to move again... so maybe 2011 we'll start the search.)  Still a few more pictures to hang and a couple of boxes to unpack, but we could officially live in the space now without having to step over things.

We just got our new washer and dryer this weekend.  Wahoo!  I am so happy to no longer have to save up quarters and lug around bags of dirty clothes to the laundry mat.  We also splurged and bought ourselves a really nice new mattress... I need all the help I can get nowadays to get a good night's sleep and the old mattress just wasn't working for us anymore.  Sometimes I felt like I'd been slugged in the shoulder a dozen times... and more often than not I would wake up feeling just as tired as when I went to sleep the night before.

Our apartment is certainly an upgrade from the last... much larger, but with less storage space, so it's been a struggle to find a place for everything.  I have definitely had to get creative.  We also now have two bathrooms.  I went out our third day here to pick up some shower curtains and came across these:





And since I didn't have any cute pictures to match, I went ahead and painted these for the walls:





This weekend Nate and I had three days to spend together (which was exactly what I needed... I've been so lonely here.)  We had such a nice and relaxing weekend together.  And he helped me figure out what photos/art we wanted to hang where.  He talked me into this:


I was a little nervous to hang this series, because it's kind of depressing, but once we got it all hung on the wall, I was so glad that Nate suggested it.  I've never really hung any of my work front and center in our house... it's usually hidden in the spare bedroom.  And I really like it.

Overall, Salem has definitely been an adjustment.  I'm certainly not used to this much traffic (and man, the people here are horrible drivers-- I almost t-boned a guy the other day when he decided to run a red light) and it is awfully gloomy here sometimes, but I think I'm beginning to adjust to it.  It doesn't quite feel like home yet.  Every once in awhile I slip and say "home" when I'm talking about La Grande (which I miss horribly).  And I certainly miss lunches with Nate and knowing that I'll see him at 5:05, which has now become 5:50, but I think with time I'll adjust.  I always do.

So over the next few weeks I hope to get all my photography websites/business cards, etc. updated and get the ball rolling there so I don't die of boredom and then, of course, there is July when this little kiddo will grace us with his/her presence.  I'm definitely looking forward to that.  I'm half way there!  Wahoo!

9 comments:

Jarom and Melissa said...

Your decor looks really good. I had no idea you were pregnant (my mom forgot to tell me, obviously). Congratulations. You look great at twenty weeks. I've looked at your blog once or twice, but now linked it to ours to keep better track. Glad the move went well and that you're doing well too.

Jaime said...

sorry to hear you're lonely. If you ever feel like driving a little, you could come to my place. I'm not too far from you, just in Tigard. Love the shower curtains, and you are way too creative to have painted those wonderful works of art to match your bathroom decor. Everything looks great. We should really see each other soon, you live way too close now.

Chad and Jaycie said...

Oh my gosh YOU'RE FAT!!!! Man it's been a while since we've seen you! I LOVE LOVE LOVE your paintings for the bathroom!!! You are so awesome it's disgusting!

Elise and Rich said...

I think you look adorable, I am so happy for you guys. Are you finding out what you are having? We will miss you, so keep up the blogs!

Mike and Lisa said...

Those shower curtains are dang cute! Where did you get them??? I've been wanting a new one for a long time. Your baby bump is so cute!

The Singer Family said...

2 bathrooms?! New washer/dryer (one of my favorite purchases ever)?!?! New mattress(also one of my favorite purchases ever-why I waited til during pregnancy #4 who knows). How exciting and fun!

Your bathrooms look amazing, as does the living room. Best of luck settling in...adjusting always starts so slowly. It'll be great!

Brittney said...

what a cute place! you look adorable preggers! and we miss you guys. i just told maddy that i was looking at nate and brittney and she got so excited but i had to tell her you were gone and then she got sad.

so yeah the kleiner's miss the singer's

Whodathunked! said...

What's funny is that I didn't start "showing" until I was about 20 weeks. Now there is no denying that I am prego. :)
I had to actually buy some maternity shirts the other day. Before that I had a few that people gave me, but have been slowly narrowing down my wardrobe of what I can still wear. I'm just hoping that with my basketball belly I can avoid having to wear panel pants. We will find out in the next 5 weeks! You are looking cute!

Amy J said...

You look great girl and how cute are those bathrooms!?!