Monday, September 20, 2010

Motherhood is...

... constantly being impressed with yourself with all you can accomplish one-handed; at other times wishing you could just have a third arm.

... doing a load of laundry without adding the detergent.

... utilizing every last square inch of your Honda Civic just to spend the weekend with Grandma and Grandpa.

... having to decide between eating in 5 minutes flat or eating your dinner cold.

... realizing it's at least been a week since you last shaved your armpits... and even longer since you last shaved your legs.

... never getting too excited about an outfit you're wearing, knowing that at any moment it may be covered in any number of baby bodily fluids.  (Learned this one the hard way yesterday about 10 minutes before church.)

... not getting sleep, even when your little one is, because you're too busy worrying about why you haven't heard a peep out of him in the last 7 hours... and then waking him up when you go to check on him.

... making a fool out of yourself everyday for a few smiles.


I love being a mom.  And I love this little kid...

10 comments:

Tiffany Fackrell said...

oh my word that boy is cute!! look at all of that hair!!! and I think you got all of those things exactly right...man the things we mom's have to learn the hard way! I am sure you are a GREAT one!

Amy J said...

Definitely makes you realize what's really important, huh. Love you and just remember it gets easier, so just keep plugging along. And he IS ADORABLE!

kylee said...

Amen to all of it. Glad your enjoying mommyhood so much! Your little guy is a cutie!

Jaime said...

There was once a 4 week period where Truman wet through on my church clothes during the first hour of church - no fail. It's called initiation. :) love your list, and can agree with all of it. He is a gorgeous little boy. Sure to be a heartbreaker when he's older.

Jarom and Melissa said...

He is adorable. I love all that hair. It cracks me up every time I see it. Motherhood is all those things; you're right.

Katie said...

I have also become amazed by my one-handed abilities =-) Love this post!

Sharae said...

You are such an amazing mom! Ryan is so blessed to have you :) He is adorable!!!!

Mike and Lisa said...

Yep, I hear ya on all of those things. I quit caring about what my outfits looked like a long time ago. He is seriously the CUTEST baby!!

Rita said...

You are an awesome mama! I love watching you and Nate as you parent. What a sweet family!

Joy Hanson said...

He's such a cutie! Have you mastered nursing and vacuuming at the same time yet?
Joy