Monday, January 4, 2010

On the one hand...

Things I miss since becoming pregnant:

5.  My cute jeans (hopefully I will fit back into you one day...)
4.  Tuna fish.
3.  Ibuprofen.
2.  Sleeping anyway I want... I'm usually a side sleeper anyway, but lately the only seconds of relief I get from stomach pains/heartburn is on my back and tummy on my way to flipping to my other side... sometimes I take 3 minutes to do it just to enjoy the relief.
1.  And drum roll please.... the number one thing I miss... steaming hot baths.  Tried to take a "warm" one as suggested.  Didn't like it.

On the flip side though I've found that the positives seem to outweigh the negatives.  For example:

5.  Officially being able to tell people I will not be able to shoot their June/July weddings.  Don't get me wrong.  It's my livelihood and I enjoy it, but with the fact that we are more than likely going to be moving, (which is still an uncertainty in this economy), this baby is a certainty... alleviating me from having to get back to brides "in a few months when I know one way or the other."
4.  Stronger fingernails from the prenatal vitamins.
3. Not being able to fast.  I know this sounds horrible.  I know fasting is a blessing and that we can gain spiritual insight and such, but it's always something I've struggled with.  Nine times out of ten I end up grumpy and mean instead of uplifted... regardless of how hard I try to stay positive.  That 1 in 10 is great, but the other 90%... not so much.  (Although I have to admit to some guilt when I have to eat in front of Nate... I try to be careful about it and eat behind a cereal box or while he's in the shower.)
2.  Having an excuse to sleep in.... to 9:30 every morning.  I really am that tired, but I've finally been able to convince myself that 1. my body must need it (for a long time I felt like such a lazy girl) and 2. after this baby is born I'll never be able to do it again.  Might as well enjoy it now.
1.  And finally number one goes to "not having to clean the bathroom."  I know I could go out and get cleaner that doesn't burn when you inhale it, but what we have gets the job done so well that Nate will just have to bear it for the next 6 months.  I've told him, "Take in a big gulp of air, hold your breath and then spray, spray, spray!"

7 comments:

Brittney said...

yes enjoy those naps! where are you guys going to be moving?

Unknown said...

I'm so excited for you guys! Are you going to find out the sex? Phil said you might...

Mike and Lisa said...

I totally getcha with the fasting thing. It's always been hard for me too. But remember you also get a free pass when you're breastfeeding too...so thats like almost 2 years of no fasting if you nursed for the full 12 months. In my case I did, and boy, its been SO hard to get back into the habit again. I can't seem to remember that there actually IS day set aside to fast still!

kylee said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
kylee said...

hahaha, I was actually going to say almost exactly word for word what Lisa wrote :) Although I will add that I loved that my nails grew so much better and were stronger too! And those naps....ya...enjoy them while you can. Sleep ALL YOU WANT! Because you probably wont be getting much sleep after the baby gets here. And when number 2 rolls around. Ya, you might as well forget about sleep because it's not going to happen. I've been pretty surprised at how little sleep a mom can run on. My best advice though, set a bed time! And make it kind of early like 8 or something. That way you can either go to bed yourself or atleast have some down time. It's a necessity! Believe me, you'll need it and be glad you have it!

The Mechams said...

So I guess I am slow on the uptake, just realized the good news! COngrats, and yes pamper yourself, cause that will never happen again! I fooled myself into thinking I would get away with stuff with being prego with #2, no such luck. SO happy for you guys!!!!!

Jarom and Melissa said...

That's a pretty good list there.