Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Tears, NyQuil, and Wedding Cake

Just as a warning, this post contains tons of pictures, but I am a photographer... so accept it! 

So this last weekend my baby sister married the man of her dreams in the Columbia River Temple.  To begin this blog let's start a few days earlier when I came down with a miserable cold.  So the night before the wedding I ended up getting 3 hours of sleep.  I was up blowing my nose, coughing and sneezing... yeah... it was fun, let me tell you.

Needless to say the day of the wedding I was exhausted and to top things off just about everything that could have gone wrong did.  I forgot my dress hanging in our bathroom (thanks, Carey, for letting me borrow your adorable skirt!)  I just about ran out of memory cards for my camera and had to make an unexpected trip to buy a new one... eight gigs... that should do it.  And finally, the weather was beautiful, but the harsh sunlight wasn't ideal for photography so we planned to do photos in the park before the reception AND we ran out of time... and never got around to it.  (Oh and thank you Spencer and Nate for shooting backup!)

Basically the photographs aren't what I had hoped for, but I guess I did the best that I could.  I'm just glad that Kammie and Jeff found each other and were able to be sealed in the temple and it was so nice to see ALL of my siblings.  I love you guys!  

Oh, and I'm so grateful for NyQuil!  Seriously, the best stuff on the planet when I get a cold.  I managed to get a full 9 hours of sleep the night after the wedding and felt so much better.  It's amazing what a little sleep can do.

I loved Kammie's and Jeff's perma-grins!

Right after I caught them talking dirty... I didn't hear a word they said, but I could tell by the way they were looking at each other.
(I think she looks so much like Carey in this picture.)

And of course I couldn't get them to stop kissing...

Mom, Kammie and Dad.

More kissing.

All the Willis kids.

Seriously, she looked so beautiful in her dress and so stinking skinny!

So cute!

So this was in the ONLY shade we were able to find on the temple grounds and unfortunately I kinda trampled a bush while taking these.

Cute girls!

I don't know why, but I love this one.

The rings.

Jeff couldn't take his eyes off her.  Wait 'til he sees what we got her at Victoria's Secret.  Ow.  Ow.
Played any Jenga yet? 

Jeff and his grandpa, who sealed the couple.

While kissing.

Gorgeous.

More kissing...

and more...

The dress.

The happy couple.

Again.

They never stopped smiling.

Kammie, Jeff and the Lee's.


6 comments:

The Singer Family said...

Awesome pictures Britt! It looks like a great weekend. Glad that you got to see everyone and that you are feeling better!

Chad and Jaycie said...

Whoa that totally looked like Carey! We loved having you guys here, wish it could've lasted longer. The pics turned out beautiful. We love you guys. We should meet soon and go to the temple. (The word verification for me to leave this comment is mingsnot. :) )

Mike and Lisa said...

I think the pictures turned out gorgeous! Good job!

Elise and Rich said...

Thanks for sharing your pictures with us all. I must say it really makes me sad that once Rich and I were like that, all smiles, kissing all the time, couldnt keep our hands off eachother. What happens, why does the honeymoon days have to end? I wish we could go back to giddy feelings of being engaged and just married. Oh, what being married for years and kids does to a couple!!

Brittney said...

Those look fantastic! Great job. You will be fine this summer with all those weddings you have booked.

Rita said...

The pictures are beautiful! The bride is beautiful, the groom, handsome, and both families look incredible--and the photographer, exceptional!!!